You want an extraordinary and unforgettable vacation — the highlight of your year. As a team of travelers who have run active vacations around the world for decades and visited over 70 countries, we believe our home state of Montana is the number one adventure destination in the United States and one of the top destinations in the world.
Want proof? Here are a few facts to back us up:
- Montana has the best all-around national park (Yellowstone) and the best national park for hiking (Glacier) in the country
- Montana has high mountains (with 97 different mountain ranges!), over 3,000 pristine lakes, and beautiful rivers including the longest undammed river in the continental US (the Yellowstone)
- Montana has huge outdoor spaces – it is the fourth largest state but has the third lowest population density, with an average of only seven people per square mile
- Montana’s native lands offer glimpses into the rich history of some of Montana’s native tribes, such as the Crow, Blackfeet, Kootenai, Shoshone, and Cheyenne
- Montana’s current culture incorporates its Wild West history: dinosaur fossils, Lewis & Clark’s Exploration, mining (The Treasure State), and a captivating ranch culture including rodeos and horseback riding
- Montana offers opportunities to see mammals such as elk, antelope, moose, mountain goats, bighorn sheep, and the apex species, grizzly bears and gray wolves
- Montana is full of friendly people and cute small towns – including our home base of Red Lodge, population 2,400
- You will love Montana’s eight primary airports: large enough to have good connections but small enough to be a joy when you land
- And last but not least, we love all the outdoor activities available in Montana: hiking, biking, snowshoeing, skiing, paddling, and pretty much anything you can imagine that does not involve an ocean
When you are ready to step into an extraordinary place for your vacation, look no further than Montana.
Don’t want to spend the time and effort to plan your vacation yourself? Choose your vacation and let us take it from there!
Main Image Credit: Montana Office of Tourism and Business Development