If we cancel a tour for any reason, you can choose to receive your money back or receive a full credit. During the pandemic, we will assess the safety of all tours on a case by case basis based on recommendations from the CDC and the State of Montana.
If you cancel a vacation, you will receive a credit to a future trip in the same or following year for all funds already paid as long as you have given us 90 days advance notice. After that, your funds are forfeited. For Yellowstone Tour in Two Days, all payments made are non-refundable.
Please do not ask us to make exceptions. We make decisions based on you signing up in the first place: we assign guides and vans based on tour numbers; we tell hotels how many rooms we need; and our tours are often full and a cancellation often means we have lost the opportunity to give your spot to someone else. Remember you have the option to get travel insurance and if you choose not to purchase this, you are taking a risk.
Deposits & Payments
Booking a vacation requires a $500 deposit per person payable by credit card. The remaining amount due must be paid by check 90 days prior to the trip departure (60 days in 2022). If you wish to pay the remaining balance by credit card there will be a 3.55% administrative fee. Please note we reserve the right to treat your reservation as
If you sign up for a trip 30 days or less before the departure date, the entire trip price must be paid by credit card with the 3.55% fee on the remaining balance.
For both public and private vacations, you may optionally reserve a single room for a per-night supplement. Please see each location page for the supplement cost.
If you are traveling solo on one of our public tours, you are not required to pay a “single supplement” — we will find you a roommate and will give you a free single room if we cannot find one for you.
For private trips, the group is responsible for filling an open space in a room. If you end up with an odd number of people on your trip, the single supplement becomes mandatory for the person who has his/her own room.
You may rent a bicycle on biking trips or snowshoes on our winter vacations for an additional fee. These fees reflect our costs of renting the equipment for you. You also have the option of bringing your own equipment for no additional fees.
- If you have a group of friends who would like to join you on a public tour, at five or more persons booking together you will all receive a 10% discount.
- Alumni (those who have previously traveled with Travel Montana, Taste Vacations, or Zephyr Adventures ) receive a 10% discount on public tours booked by October 31 for the following year or on second tours booked in the same year. This discount applies across our three tour brands.
- Children aged 14 and under will receive a discount of 15% if they stay in a room with their parent (s). Kids under the age of 2 years old are free unless their presence changes our transportation needs. If this arises, we will work with you on a reasonable added cost. Age is determined as of the start date of the vacation.
- On both public and private tours, 3rd or 4th persons staying in the same room receive a 15% discount.
- Discounts cannot be combined and do not apply to private vacations.
We highly recommend trip cancellation insurance to protect yourself against unforeseen circumstances. Every year there are unfortunate incidents with dozens of travelers that make it impossible for them to join our vacations. Many of these people lose their trip and airline payments. Even if you do not think this will happen to you, it can! If you choose not to get travel insurance and know your payment is non-refundable, you are taking a risk! Read more about travel insurance.
After we receive your deposit we will send you a confirmation email of your booking. Once the trip has been confirmed (met its minimum number), you’ll receive an email containing an invoice and a link to online documents that offer detailed arrival and departure information, suggestions for making travel arrangements, packing list, information about the area we will be visiting, insurance information, and several forms (such as a liability waiver) we ask you to complete prior to your vacation.
Main Image Credit: Montana Office of Tourism and Business Development